Telewebion is the largest IPTV service provider in Iran that archives television programs such as movies, serials, football matchs. Users can also watch live on more than 50 TV channel via live streaming. Telewebion is available on web and mobile (Android and iOS) and Android TV.
The goal was to redesign the website and app with new trends after 6 years, as well as increase the user's time on the website and add spaces for advertising to the website.
It also created an integrated user experience between mobile and the website and other platforms.
My Role, Product Design Manager.
Duration, From August 2018 to August 2019. (12 Months)
Team, 1 UI Designer, 1 User Researcher
More than 500 videos from TV programs are added daily to the Telewebion, many users visit the Telewebion for watching movies, serials, football and other programs, but the user time was low, as well as users leaving the site after viewing one video.
Interview with users and collect feedback
User Needs, more than %50 of users browse website with mobile browsers.
Feedbacks Collect feedbacks from support, user's comments in app stores, comments from Twitter, Instagram and etc.
She is 32 years old and due to lack of time on the website, she is looking for the archive of TV series to watch it on her smart TV.
He is 46 years old and due to his job position, when he wants to watch football matches live, he does not have access to TV and watches the match on his mobile phone.
Roja is a social reporter looking for popular programs and topics and daily events.
She is 10 years old and watches cartoons with her tablet.
1. Improper display of the website on the mobile.
2. Long page scroll to achieve live streaming section.
According to the needs of users, which is to watch live broadcasts of TV networks, in the current version, users should be able to access the networks by scrolling vertically and horizontally. 3. Main menu not available.
To use the other pages or login to the site, the user must first access the menu via the Burger Menu and then the pages.
4. Achieving search is possible with a large number of clicks and in many steps.
5. The structure of the episode pages is erratic and therefore difficult to find content.
6. Lack of proper filter for movie and serial pages.
7. Sophisticated access to content and hourly archives.
8. Problem visually displaying Thumbnails for programs.
9. The difficulty of accessing episodes from other episodes in such a way that following a series of related content takes a long time for the user.
10. Difficulty using cutting tools.
11. The complexity of the user login and registration process.
12. Duration of low user presence on Telewebion website.
We start a usability study program and testing with CrazyEgg for finding users how to surfing our website, and also gathering user's feedback from support, comment on app stores and social media. We found this problems:
Some dark UIs are designed to minimize “digital eye strain.” With an increase in digital technology, we stare at screens for most of the day. Digital eye strain is a common condition that affects millions of people on a daily basis. Caused
by everything from excessive computer use to regular exposure to bright light, it can cause headaches, neck pain, blurred vision, and burning/stinging eyes.
The Telewebion users sometime for watching a Tv program or live event, stare at screens for more that 60 minutes. We using dark mode for better accessibility.
Movies & Serials,
Using InvisionApp Elements